We have a little over a month left in the year. I want you to end this year strong, alive, and full of possibility. Here’s how to do it:
Ten Tips to Come Alive
- Pick one event, concert, etc that you’ve wanted to go to but have never signed up for — buy that ticket today, even if the show etc isn’t till next year.
- Make a holiday spending plan right now, before the holidays really start. Make a list of each person you want to give a gift to (this year, give nothing out of obligation — the world does not benefit from it. If you feel you must give to someone you don’t care about, make a donation to their favorite charity — that way everyone wins). Choose an amount for each person that is within your budget and don’t change your mind or get caught up in ‘out-gifting’ each other, even if it’s done in a loving way.
- Pick two days before the end of the year to be only ‘fun days’ for you (either ask for these days off from work or, if you have a set schedule, mark two ‘off’ days right now. On these days just enjoy life — enjoy your friends, nature, the season, but don’t do regular work, house work, chores, needed shopping, of even present buying. Treat yourself to these two days, they will remind you what everything else is about and probably be your favorite days of the fall.
- Take a one night, overnight, trip to somewhere you’d love to see.
- Take at least one walk a week, in nature if possible.
- Make a plan to cut down/out of the over-indulging during the holidays (i.e. plan to attend 3 Christmas parties but not five; drink 1/3 less than last year etc). You’ll enjoy your indulgences more if there’s less of them.
- Make a plan to help one person this season, be it in a large or small way that you would have not helped otherwise. Try to do more than just give money.
- Buy yourself a gift this year — you’re amazing and beautiful. Wrap it and put in under the tree.
- Get rid of more than you get. Think of the amount of new things you’ll probably get this holiday season — gifts you receive, new decorations, new clothes — and start right now giving away old things you don’t want. Give them up now and you’ll have more room and appreciation for your new items.
- Try one new thing before the end of the year. Take even just one class or look up the instructions online. Learn to write a poem, climb a rock wall, paint a picture. Or make your first blog, Pinterest Board, or start a Meetup group for next year.
You are amazing, beautiful, talented, and poised for greatness — let’s knock the rest of this year out of the park.
4 thoughts on “Ten Things I Want You to do Before the End of the Year”
Great ideas! Thanks.
Hope you have a great holiday!
I’m really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do
you ever run into any browser compatibility issues?
A number of my blog audience have complained about
my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.
Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?
Thank you very much! I’ve been lucky and haven’t heard of any major problems, though the main page look a little different some places. It’s worth checking your website out on friends phones, tablets, and computers when you get a chance.
Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to your problem. I’d try typing the problem into Google. I’m a Chrome lover through and through so I don’t have much experience with Explorer.