“Get your hero up a tree, throw stones at him, then get him down.” — old saying in playwriting
So, a month ago, I was real excited. And then what happened? Life.
Those who know me know I haven’t been myself lately. I have been quiet and tired. Since January, my sister and I have had pipes burst, the well’s power shut down, a longer run of low temperatures here in Georgia than I can remember in my lifetime, snow, no indoor water, and the top third of a dead tree fall to the ground 30 feet from us — which was funny (especially since we were on our way to fix the well) but it was a pretty close call too.
None of that matters. Or more precisely, none of that’s slowing us down. It’s February now, time for us to re-find those New Year’s goals and enthusiasm and I challenge you to do the same thing. This is going to be the most frekin’ exciting year yet of our lives and that all begins by picking back up those plans, dusting them off, and saying —
We OWN this year. Let’s prove it.
My goals —
- Cycle 50 miles in one day
- Publish my novel ‘A Caged Heart Still Beats’
- Publish my novel ‘Fall Street’
- Be in the best shape of my life (hard not to be with goal #1 😉
- Go Paleo for two solid months
- Write something new that is the best thing I’ve ever written
- Do yoga every day of the year starting now
- Make my home the most inspiring it’s ever been
- Do 12 adventurous things I’ve never done
- Get rid of 1/3 of my possessions