I am gearing up for the rest of the year, and I’ve basically decided that there’s no magic bullet, secret answer, or magic guru who can get me where I want to go.
There’s only me.
I also know the next steps I need to take — want to get fit? Exercise more and eat less bad things. Become a pro writer? Act like a pro writer and hit goals and deadlines. I know I can do these things and I know they’ll head me in the right direction. So what am I waiting for? Nothing!
Imagine someone, some nice stranger about your age and doing what you’re doing and dreaming what you’re dreaming of — now what clear-eyed advice would you give them when they asked for your help to reach the next level (advice that may be harder to give when it’s you and your life)?
My Advice to Katherine Cerulean About How to Live Her Dreams:
- Only one sugary treat a week
- Exercise every day
- Do yoga every day
- If you want to be a pro writer then ACT like a pro writer. Set deadlines, hit goals, and finish more things faster
- Finish ‘Fall Street’ novel (final draft) by the end of the year
- Get ‘A Caged Heart Still Beats’, a novel, into the hands of readers — query, self publish, etc
- Keep blogging because you love it, but let other social media you’re not thrilled with fall away
- Start seeing yourself as brilliant, on track, and ready to knock the world off its axis.
What are your plans for the rest of the year?